The gender mainstreaming working group (Pokja PUG) of the Ministry of Forestry conducted a training for trainers on gender responsive planning and budgeting from 6th – 9th of May 2014 in Jakarta. The activity, which was facilitated by FORCLIME, was attended by 25 participants representing focal points of every directorate general at the Ministry of Forestry. Additionally, participants from the FORCLIME pilot districts (Kapuas Hulu, Berau, Malinau) and gender pilot areas of the Ministry of Forestry in Agam District in West Sumatera and Sumba Timur in Nusa Tenggara Timur joined the training.
After attending the training, participants are expected to be able to:
• understand and implement their role and responsibilities as focal points for the PUG working group in their respective units in the Ministry;
• undertake gender analysis and develop annual gender responsive planning and budgeting using Gender Analysis Pathway (GAP) and Gender Budgeting Strategy (GBS);
• undertake advocacy in gender responsive planing and budgeting (PPRG) in related units.
The gender mainstreaming working group at the Ministry of Forestry, established through Decision 82/Kpts-II/2003 in order to implement the Presidential Instruction No. 9/2000 on Gender Mainstreaming in National Development and other relevant regulations, has the following tasks:
1. Integrating gender mainstreaming in the forestry sector in policy planning, program planning, project planning, and planning activities;
2. Ensuring gender mainstreaming in the implementation of the forestry sector development;
3. Monitoring and evaluating gender mainstreaming in the forestry sector;
4. Coordinating cross-agency cooperation and inter-governmental working groups on gender mainstreaming at every echelon through gender mainstreaming implementation