For the last few years, the Directorate-General of Human Resources Extension and Development (Badan Penyuluhan dan Pengembangan Sumber Daya Manusia - BP2SDM) at the Ministry of Environment and Forestry has stood by its firm commitment to developing gender mainstreaming programmes (pengarusutamaan gender-PUG). This commitment has been realized through joint activities with FORCLIME since 2018.
In order to strengthen Gender Mainstreaming (PUG) efforts at the Ministry of Environment and Forestry (MoEF), the Gender Sub-Working Group held a recent meeting with FORCLIME in order to discuss a workplan for 2022. The meeting was held online on 30 May 2022 and was attended by 52 participants from various working units within BP2SDM, as well as from FORCLIME and the MoEF Gender Working Group.
The plans that will be implemented in 2022 break down as follows:
1. Validation of the Criteria and Indicators for Gender Responsive Education and Training Institutions.
2. Preparation of Gender Analysis Pathways and a Gender Budget Statement for the 2023 Work Plan for working units under BP2SDM.
3. Preparation of a lessons-learned book based on the experiences of BP2SDM staff (extensions, lecturers, etc.) in relation to gender mainstreaming through the use of the storytelling method.
4. Preparation of a Gender Mainstreaming Pocket Book for Forestry and Environmental Extension Officers.
5. Development of Criteria and Indicators for Gender Responsivity for Forestry Vocational High Schools.
6. Renewal of Decree of the BP2SDM Gender Sub-Working Group Team.
Through these efforts, the PUG programmes at the MoEF are expected, particularly at BP2SDM, to become firmer and more institutionalized.
“The cooperation between the Gender Sub-Working Group and FORCLIME has been going on for a long time. We hope that FORCLIME's support will continue so that PUG activities at BP2SDM will become more solid,” explained Agus Setiawan (Sub-Pokja Gender of BP2SDM).