FORCLIME held its first Quarterly Management Meeting
FORCLIME held its first Quarterly Management Meeting 2017 from 26 February – 01 March in Bandung, West Java. The meeting was conducted to discuss strategic planning and Annual Work Plan (AWP) for 2017. The internal meeting also attended by colleagues from FORCLIME FC, Ministry of Environment and Forestry (Forestry Planning and International Cooperation Bureaus, and the National Planning and Development Agency (Bappenas). Through this meeting, FORCLIME has an opportunity to improve the work plan for this year as we received some inputs and suggestions from colleagues in the pilot districts as well as national partners.
For further information please contact:
Created: Friday, 31 March 2017
Mohamad Rayan, Advisor for Crosscutting Issue and Conflict Management
FORCLIME celebrates the International Day of Forest in Indonesia
FORCLIME actively participated in the celebration of the International Day of Forest (IDF) in Indonesia which is organized by the Ministry of Environment and Forestry (MoEF) since 2015. The MoEF held a series of events, which took place at the Manggala Wanabakti premises, Jakarta from 21 – 24 March 2017.
During the IDF celebration, FORCLIME presented at the exhibition and conducted a talkhow on Promoting Bioenergy and Biobased Products from the Forestry Sector. Panels of the talkshow included representative of Directorate Environmental Services and Non Timber Forest Products, the Head of Center of Forest Research and Development, the Dean of Forestry Faculty of Mulawarman University, and the chairman of Masyarakat Pegiat Energi Biomassa Hutan Indonesia (MAPEBHI), an NGO focuses on forest biomass for energy. Some notes from the talkshow, as follows:
- The potential of forests to supply more energy and biobased product is extraordinary, however, has not been well explored. Additionally, this resource can be part of the economic transformation of the industry-based/conventional products towards advanced material products with high economic value.
- Potency for bioenergy that has not been utilized is not only sourced from plantation forests for energy but also using wastes from the processes of logging, timber industry and wood processing.
- Need to promote stronger policies to support bioenergy and other biobased product development in the forestry sector.
- Need to harmonize the upstream-downstream supplies, in addition to integration between sectors to ensure bioenergy and other biobased value chains products.
- Need to develop overall strategy, which covers sustainability aspect and the impacts.
In December 2012, the United Nations declared March 21 of every year as the International Day of Forest, with the aim to celebrating and raising awareness of the public on the importance of all types of forests and trees grow outside the forests. This year’s theme is Forest and Energy.
For more information about the talkshow, please contact:
Created: Friday, 24 March 2017
Tunggul Butarbutar, Senior Adviser on Sustainable Forest Management
FORCLIME and its partners in Kalimantan share experience on FREL with colleagues in Aceh
The working group of Province Strategy and Action Plan (SRAP) of Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam (NAD) Province invited the West Kalimantan REDD Working Group and the Regional Council of Climate Change in East Kalimantan as well as FORCLIME to share experience at a workshop on Developing Forest Reference Emission Level (FREL) on 8-9 March 2017 in Banda Aceh. The workshop was supported by a GIZ programme, Support to Indonesia's Climate Change Response-Technical Assistance Component - SICCR-TAC, in NAD.
During the workshop, participants gained knowledge on: Concept of national FREL and recent developments; Experience in preparing FREL in East and West Kalimantan; Steps in developing FREL; Integrating Forest Management Unit (FMU) and Forest Park (Tahura) into FREL development; Identifying capacity building for enhancing human resource development. Result of the workshop was a roadmap for developing FREL of NAD and strategy to improve human resource capacity for FMUs and Tahura.
For further information, please contact:
Created: Monday, 20 March 2017
Klothilde Sikun – Technical Advisor GIS dan koordinator Kabupaten Kapuas Hulu