The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by the Forest and Climate Change Programme and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Forest and Climate Change Programme. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Forest and Climate Change Programme takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
The programme's overall objective is to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from the forest sector while improving the livelihoods of Indonesia's poor rural communities. To achieve this goal, the programme team will assist the Indonesian government to design and implement legal, policy and institutional reforms for the conservation and sustainable management of forests, at local, provincial and national level. Support to REDD+ demonstration activities is a key feature of the programme, providing decision-makers with experience of how REDD+ can be implemented "on the ground"
- Advice on strategy development for REDD+ and forest development at national, provincial and district levels
- Technical advice on a framework for the implementation of REDD+ demonstration activities at various levels, including participatory land use planning and forest zoning
- Innovative design of mechanisms and regulations for district-based REDD+ initiatives
- Facilitation of monitoring, reporting and verification
- Support to forestry administration reform processes such as the establishment of forest management units and related monitoring and inspectorate systems
- Support to nature conservation and benefit sharing within the Heart of Borneo (HoB) Initiative
- Development of payment for environmental services schemes to support sustainable livelihoods in rural areas
- Capacity building for sustainable forest management and nature conservation